Welcome from Dr. Pritchard, Head of SChool
“Whether you are visiting our website for the first time as a prospective parent looking for an excellent private school education, an alumnus looking to re-engage with the school, or a current parent looking for the latest news, it is our hope that the information you find here conveys where our hearts truly lie – which is a passionate pursuit of service and excellence for God’s glory.
The Christian Academy is a dynamic and exciting culture of faculty, families, friends, students, and alumni that have a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of others and impact the world for Christ. We are unapologetic about our fierce and passionate commitment to Christian education and understand its critical role in our society. We integrate a Christian worldview throughout every aspect of school life to afford students the opportunity to discover and embrace God’s purpose for their lives.
At TCA, we understand God created each child to have unique gifts and talents, and we celebrate that! We are blessed with a vibrant and qualified faculty that is dedicated to helping develop life-long learners that are uniquely prepared to serve as Christian leaders and be a transforming influence in a rapidly changing world. Our elementary, middle, and high school faculty challenge, understand, support, and love our students. They desire to provide an environment where each student can thrive and realize their potential.
The Christian Academy offers an array of extracurricular activities including an excellent fine arts program, competitive athletic teams, and a broad selection of student activities. TCA is where students learn to put their knowledge into action, forge life-long friendships, and grow in their faith. Although our students come from different backgrounds, walks of life, and even different countries, we are still one family! We encourage you to visit in person and experience first-hand how God is moving at TCA.”
Top 10 Reasons to Choose TCA
1. We have rigorous academic standards at TCA and we provide an unparalleled approach to learning, a classical curriculum. Our graduates leave TCA with one more year of required math and science credits, and all of our students receive four (4) full credits in Bible! Ninety percent (90%) of our graduates attend a four-year college or university.
2. Our classical approach to education has students learning parts of speech as early as kindergarten. Third through fifth-grade students study Latin. Our middle school students study a full course of logic so that they may think critically and argue correctly. Our high school students study rhetoric skills to better articulate through written and oral skills, their opinions and beliefs. We’re giving students tools for learning.
3. Our faculty and administration will care for your child and know each and every one personally. All of our staff are born-again believers, striving to educate the students enrolled here, but more importantly, they are endeavoring to emulate the Lord and His ministry.
4. We have an excellent faculty, the result of hard work and dedication, who sacrifice to be here as teacher, counselor and coach to the children the Lord has entrusted us with.
5. We are committed to diversity and attract families from every walk of life who represent a rich breadth of our region and world; culturally, economically, and denominationally.
6. We are a Christian community educating young men and women in an educational environment that allows them to learn in a safe and undisturbed setting where they can succeed in their academic, spiritual and social lives.
7. We teach with a Biblical worldview that all knowledge and every discipline are recognized as created by God. We also hold true that God’s Word is acknowledged as inspired, inerrant and authoritative.
8. We are committed to character development and spiritual and ethical decision-making. Our faculty and parents use Shepherding a Child’s Heart regarding child development, family goals, biblical methods of training, and much more. God’s Word is the foundation for our teaching, our discipline and our aspirations.
9. We are financially sound with no long-term debt, ownership of two properties and a growing endowment of over four-million dollars – used primarily for student-need scholarships.
10. We have a Christian and regional legacy, having been founded in 1951, with a mission to partner with Christian parents – recognizing that it is the parent’s responsibility to educate their children. We want to come alongside each Christian home and work together to train each child so that they will radically influence their communities for Christ and His glory.
The Christian Academy receives accreditation from Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Christian Academy is a member of the Association of Classical and Christian Schools.
“…although we often succeed in teaching our pupils subjects, we fail lamentably on the whole in teaching them how to think. They learn everything, except the art of learning.”
The Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origins to all rights and privileges and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.