Thank You for volunteering at tca
Recent changes in the Child Protective Services Law require all volunteers who have direct contact with students to obtain the following three clearances:
- Child Abuse Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Clearance
- Volunteers enter service code “1KG6ZJ.”
- Click on “Schedule or Manage an appointment”
- For volunteers the screen should read “1KG6ZJ Pennsylvania PDE Volunteer”
- Fill in the information on the page and click “next.” Follow through with completing all of the pages.
- On the last page, you will schedule your fingerprint appointment.
- Payment in the amount of $23.85 will be made at the fingerprint site by credit card, money order or check.
- Be sure to bring your ID with you to the fingerprint site.
- Please make sure you follow the specific instructions on the email when your results are sent to you. You only have one opportunity to get your results. Please make sure you use a computer with a printer so you are able to print your complete results.
All clearances are now available electronically at the links above.
You will find the directions for obtaining the clearances below. The cost of obtaining the clearances will be your responsibility. Once you have obtained the certifications please hand them in at the office. A copy of your clearances will be made for our files and the originals will be returned to you. If you have any questions about obtaining your clearances please contact the school office.
Please allow enough time for the clearances to be verified prior to the date of your volunteer work is to begin.
When you hand in your clearances for verification they must be less than a year old and will be valid for five years from the date of your oldest clearance. Once obtained, clearances must be renewed every 60 months.
Thank you for volunteering at The Christian Academy. You are providing a valuable service to our students.
Guidelines for School Volunteers, Chaperones and Visitors
Volunteer – An individual who voluntarily offers and provides a service to TCA without receiving compensation.
Visitor – An individual, 18 years of age or older, who attends an event at school but who does not have direct contact with students.
Example: Parent attending a concert/Chapel or a grandparent attending Grandparents’ Day
PTO Volunteer – recruited to work for the PTO on school grounds and involving no direct contact with TCA students.
Chaperones – parents or grandparents, not TCA employees, who travel with students on a field trip, either a day trip or overnight trip.
Contact with Students – Has direct contact with students whether on his/her own or under the supervision of a teacher or administrator employed by TCA.
Classroom Volunteer – In the classroom from time to time throughout the school year and having direct contact with students.
Visitors – No Clearances Needed
PTO Volunteer – No Clearances Needed
Chaperones – Clearances Needed
Classroom Volunteer – Clearances Needed
Classroom/Chapel Guest Speaker – No Clearances Needed (must have prior Administrative approval)
With any questions in regards to clearances, please call the main office at 610-872-5100