Frequently Asked Questions
We strongly encourage the student to attend the Campus Visit as they are the ones who will be attending TCA in the fall. It is a great time for them to experience TCA and what we have to offer. Immediate family is also invited to attend.
TCA has variable tuition which allows us to offer a custom fit tuition to help families who may need additional assistance. These funds are available through TCA but families must apply using our FACTS program. Once an application is received, the financial assistance committee will meet to discuss what can be offered to the family. Aid is limited based upon financial need and availability.
The application fee covers administrative fees associated with enrollment.
To make sure all students are academically prepared for TCA, students entering grades K-12 take a placement test to measure their readiness for the grade they are applying for. For students entering Kindergarten or First grade, this is an age-appropriate test administered by one of our teachers. For students entering grades 2-12, it is a computer-based test to measure reading and math abilities. Students cannot study or prepare for this.
PK student requirements:
- Must be age 3 by September 1 of that school year to be considered for admission
- Must be potty trained
- Though an entrance test is not required, a “play date” may be requested by the division level principal to gauge how the student interacts with others.
Kindergarten student requirements:
- Must be age 5 by October 1 of that school year to be considered for admission
- Must take the entrance exam administered by our teacher to make sure they are developmentally ready for Kindergarten.
We strive to make the application and enrollment process as simple as possible; however, at times the external programs we use require fees to make new profiles.
Typical fees include:
- Application Fee – $75
- Financial Aid Fee – $35 (Paid directly to FACTS)
- Tuition Set Up Fee – Varies depending on how the family pays (Paid directly to FACTS)
- Enrollment Fee – $250/K-12 Family; $125/PK family (Yearly Fee: non-refundable)
The enrollment process can take upwards of two weeks or more. The reason for the time is to make sure the family is a good fit for TCA and that the provided pieces of paperwork are provided. It takes time to schedule the new family meet and greet and the financial aid application can take time to complete.
Besides filling out the application, in order to be considered for enrollment, all families must supply:
- Any recent student report cards and/or transcripts
- Updated immunizations (required by PA State)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- IEP/504 if applicable
After admittance, families must pay the Enrollment Fee and sign the new family contract before being enrolled.
After a family is officially enrolled (meaning they have gone through the admissions steps, been accepted, signed the new family contract, and paid the enrollment fee), THEN the student will be officially enrolled at TCA.
- TCA will enroll the student into our programs to generate a class list.
- TCA will contact the local school district to place on the bus list
- The family will have access to their family profile and can set up cafeteria payments for lunch, see their schedule, and access their classroom pages.
Transportation to and from TCA
TCA is located in the Penn-Delco School District in Brookhaven, PA. Below is a list of districts that traditionally bus to and from TCA. Bus offerings are subject to change from year to year and each district has its own requirements for pick-up, drop-off and what grades they service. TCA does run its own bus to portions of Philadelphia and Northern Wilmington at an additional charge.
Penn-Delco (No Kindergarten)
Philadelphia (1st-8th, We offer a bus from Philadelphia* for 9th-12th)
Rose Tree Media
Delaware (We offer a bus from North Wilmington DE*) *Additional charge to TCA
TCA is blessed to offer an in-person school store and a school store website. The school store website is available on the TCA main page. Families are also invited to TCA to pay for their uniforms in person:
- Back to School night in the fall
- School Store open on Monday, Wednesday Friday at 8 AM at the start of the day
- You can also contact the admissions office to set up a time for a new family to come to TCA to purchase their uniforms.