We’ve Frozen our tuition for 2020-2021!
What does that mean? It means that our posted tuition rates (which you can see below) have not gone up, but they are exactly the same as last year!
We understand the financial uncertainty that many of us are facing and keeping tuition at the same rate for next year truly aligns with our mission and vision of “partnering with families” and being a “life-giving oasis” during very difficult circumstances. We are hopeful that this change will bring you and your family some comfort and relief as we continue to navigate this difficult time.
What is VARIABLE TUITION?
TCA’s Board of Trustees is committed to making a Christian education accessible to as many families as possible. As a result, we encourage all families to take advantage of our Variable Tuition program by applying for assistance through FACTS, an independent third party administrator.
Our Variable Tuition model evaluates your family’s unique economic circumstances and number of students in order to determine how much financial assistance will be awarded to your family. Please note that all parental income must be provided, including both parents in multi-family situations. If both parents’ income are not submitted, the application will not be considered until the required information has been provided.
TCA seeks funding throughout each year for all financial aid awarded to families. Therefore, there may be additional paperwork and community service required of families who receive awards.
All re-enrolling families must submit applications by April 15, 2020 for priority consideration, as there is a limit to the amount of total awards that TCA can provide. Notice of awards will be made on a weekly basis by TCA’s Financial Assistance Committee, starting February 24, 2020. New families must submit applications for financial aid on our website through FACTS no later than May 15, 2020 to be assured consideration for financial assistance. Financial assistance is provided on a first-come-first-serve basis and is limited by monies available.
THE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
2020-2021 VARIABLE TUITION SCHEDULE
|High School — Grades 9-12||$7,000 – $11,200|
|Middle School — Grades 6-8||$6,400 – $10,600|
|Elementary School — Grades 1-5||$6,000 – $9,900|
|Kindergarten — Full Day||$4,950 – $6,950|
|Pre-K 3 + Pre-K 4||Full-Day: $6,500 Half-Day: $3,900|
|Aftercare (Pre-K – 8th Grade)||Cost|
|3:00 – 6:00 pm (3 hours/day)||$120/week (billed monthly)|
|3:00 – 4:30 pm (1.5 hours/day)||$60/week (billed monthly)|
Note: Students not picked up by 6:00 pm will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute. This charge will be applied per family, not per child.
Every international student pays the full tuition price of $17,700 which includes ESL classes. Agency fees are extra.
- Application Fee: $75 per student. (Fee Includes Entrance Exam)
- Registration Fee: $250 per family. (Fee is non-refundable)
- Financial Assistance Fee: $35 per family to FACTS.
TUITION PAYMENT POLICIES
- Tuition Payment Options:
- Pay 100% of the tuition up front to TCA on or before 07/08/2020.
- Pay (2) 50% installments, payable to TCA on 07/08/2020 and 12/08/20.
- Pay (11) monthly installments, payable to TCA starting 07/08/2020 and ending 05/08/21.
- Select any of the above charged to your bank account, MasterCard, Discover or AMEX card via FACTS. Visa is NOT accepted. (credit card payments are charged a 2.85% processing fee by FACTS).
- FACTS will assess an additional $30.00 late fee each time that funds are not available for payment.
- Delinquent accounts will result in the following:
- Students will not be permitted to start school in the fall unless their account is up to date.
- Students will not be permitted to attend school if after the second attempt by FACTS the funds are still unavailable. If a student has been removed from class as a result of delinquent tuition, the account must be paid up to date with a $50 re-admission fee in order for the student to be re-enrolled.
- Any senior whose account is not current by May 1st will not receive credit for final exams taken. Any senior whose account is not paid in full prior to graduation day may not be permitted to participate in graduation exercises.
- Report cards and transcripts will be withheld if the family leaves the school during the school year still owing tuition or any other fee. All checks must have cleared the school’s account before grades, transcripts or diplomas are released.
- If an account is not paid in full by the 1st of June, TCA will place the family on the waiting list or non-re-registration list regardless of status.
- A $25 late re-registration fee will be charged after June 1, 2020 to present school families.
- When a family registers after July 8th they can either: A.) bring tuition account up to date by paying for previous month(s) tuition in a one time payment or, B.) have the monthly payments pro-rated over the course of the remaining year.
- If a registered student withdraws from the school for any reason prior to opening day, they will be assessed $100. If a registered student withdraws from school for any reason during the school year, the tuition will be refunded on the basis of 1/180th of the annual rate for each day of enrollment less $50.00 administrative fee.
- The school’s Board considers all unpaid tuition accounts to still be due to The Christian Academy. Careful records are kept and any parent may determine the status of their account by contacting the Business Office.
- We expect that our families will set Christian Education as a financial priority, putting tuition expenses before any luxury-type spending. We also expect that all parental income will be utilized in assessing scholarship needs, including the income of both parents in multi-family situations.
- Tuition Payment Options:
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic, and other school-administered programs.