Shooting stars summer camp
REQUIRED FORMS & WAIVERS
Shooting Stars Summer camp is here and this is a STELLAR summer you don’t want to miss! Each week offers a new and exciting theme which includes field trips, community events, games, movies and SO MUCH MORE! PLEASE FILL OUT AND SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED FORMS AND WAIVERS BELOW.
required forms & Waivers
for Shooting Stars Campers
Permission Slip Waiver
TCA Shooting Stars Summer Camp
Permission Slip Wavier
Camper Health History Form
TCA Shooting Stars Summer Camp
Camper Health History Form
Sunscreen Use foRm
TCA Shooting Stars Non-Aerosol Topical Sunscreen Use Form
Swim Club Rules
Hidden Hollow and Knowlton Swim Clubs Rules
Swim club participant Waiver agreement
Hidden Hollow and Knowlton Swim Clubs
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there discounts for booking more than one week or having multiple kids?
The only discount we offer is the early bird registration. There are no discounts for booking more than 1 week, though families are free to choose what weeks they would like to send their kids. If a family is experiencing financial difficulties, please speak with our Camp Director.
Should my child be potty trained before REGISTERING?
A child enrolled in Shooting Stars Camp must be toilet trained before attending camp. He/She must be wearing underwear. A child having accidents daily would not be considered toilet trained. Please note that wearing pull ups is NOT considered toilet trained and is not permissible for the camp program.
A toilet trained child is a child who can do the following:
- Communicate to the teachers that he/she needs to go to the bathroom BEFORE they have to go
- Pull down his/her clothes and get them back up without assistance
- Wipe him/herself after using the toilet
- Get on/off the toilet by him/herself
- Wash and dry hands
- Postpone going if they must wait for someone who is in the bathroom or if we are away from the bathroom.
- Wake up during nap time should they need to use the bathroom
Does my child have to attend TCA to be ALLOWED to go to summer camp?
Shooting Stars Summer Camp is open for all children who desire to attend. TCA Families do not have to provide any medical paperwork; however, families who are not part of TCA are required to submit a medical form at the time of their registration.
What if my child has allergies or other special needs?
Parents and guardians whose children do not attend The Christian Academy are required to fill out the “Camper Health History Form” at the time of registration. In case of serious illness or injury this information may be used before consultation with the family if this is felt necessary. The nurse’s office is open during camp hours for emergencies and campers who are ill. Nursing staff will stock over-the-counter acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.), ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc.), diphenhydramine (Benadryl, etc.) and antacid tablets (Tums, etc.) in children’s tablet form for occasional use when needed. It is the desire of TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp to help support the well-being of our students who have life-threatening allergies. Parents and guardians will be responsible for giving verbal and written notification of the life threatening allergy as well as supplying up to date equipment, medications and doctors orders.
Parents and guardians are required to inform the TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp in writing of any special circumferences which may affect the child’s ability to participate fully and within the guidelines of acceptable behavior, including, but not limited to, any serious behavioral problems or special circumstances regarding psychological, medical, or physical conditions. Once the notice is submitted, a conference will be scheduled with the parent/guardian to discuss the special circumstances and whether the Center can accommodate the circumstances.
What is the dress code?
Children should dress appropriately for the activities scheduled. TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp recommends shorts and a light weight shirt or top, and some type of athletic shoe or sneaker in order to participate in recreational or athletic activities. Sandals, flip-flops, rubber “crocs”-style shoes, and other open-toed shoes are not recommended for active recreation activities.
Can my child bring personal belongings? Are lockers provided?
Please put the child’s name on all articles of clothing, snack bags, bags, etc. Children should not bring toys, mobile phones, electronic devices, jewelry, money, or any possession of value with them to any of the programs. Children will be responsible for their belongings.
Should my child bring extra money?
Your child does not need any extra money. They may bring extra money if they wish to order additional snacks at lunch or while on a field trip. TCA is not responsible for any funds that are lost.
Should my child bring SUNSCREEN?
TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp will be following the Pennsylvania School Code, Section 1414.10 regarding the application of sunscreen. Parents/Guardians will need to fill out the “Sunscreen Use Form” to allow the camper to use topical sunscreen. All sunscreen must be non-aerosol and approved by the FDA.
Do you have a discipline policy?
TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp staff will create a fun and safe environment for participants in the program. Praise and positive reinforcement are used as effective methods of behavior management. Children who do not respond to these methods and continue to be physical towards others or destructive to property, will be dealt with in a professional, positive, and timely manner to correct the behavior. The following procedures will be followed for behavior management:
- All incident reports will be discussed privately with parents/guardians and a copy of each report will be kept on file at TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp.
- In the event a child’s behavior is a repeated behavior and cannot be corrected by the TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp with a verbal warning, a first incident report will be written to document and correct behavior. A copy of the report will be given to the parent/guardian the same day as the incident.
- A second incident report will be written if the behavior is repeated by or new behavior problems occur with the same child. This report will follow the same process as the first, and a copy of the report will be given to the parent/guardian the same day as the second incident.
- A third incident report will be completed using the same process as the first two. Staff will provide this report to the parent/guardian. Incident reports will be discussed privately with a parent/guardian by TCA’s Shooting Stars Summer Camp and Director. A one day suspension could accompany this report, and no refund will be provided for suspended days. Shooting Stars reserves the rights to dismiss a child from the program at this time.
NOTE: Immediate dismissal from the program can occur given severe circumstances. Unused weeks will be refunded. However, refunds for missed days due to a discipline suspension will not be granted.
camp Register here for Summer Camp
Click here for the registration form
Taylor Della Rocca