Updated Friday, April 17, 2020
Dear TCA Families,
We find ourselves once again in the midst of change as our governor has now mandated that schools remain closed for the rest of the school year. This is disappointing for all of us as we terribly miss the “normal” we are all used to. I remind myself daily to find joy in the little things because we don’t know what tomorrow will look like.
The transition to distance learning has been challenging for all of us, and we have only been successful because of our dedicated teachers and supportive families. Thank you for your kind words, for your amazing ideas, and for your encouraging feedback. We recognize the importance of your input and are inviting you to complete the survey at the link below so we can continue to improve the delivery of our curriculum in a distance format.
Below are some updates:
- Your principal will be sending an email this weekend regard some updates to our distance learning and academic procedures. We are excited about these updates and believe they will be helpful as we settle into distance learning through June.
- April 17 will be our first virtual chapel, and these will continue weekly. You can access the chapels anytime by going to Virtual Chapels.
- We will be hosting a family fellowship and prayer time on Friday, April 24 at 9:00 a.m. Here is the link to attend. Parent Fellowship and Prayer Meeting Meeting ID: 723 0365 8340; Password: 4mxpFm
- Many of you have asked how you can support TCA families during this time. If you’d like to make a donation specifically for tuition assistance and to support TCA families in need during COVID19 you can do so by following this link COVID-19 Relief Giving Page and choose “Giving”.
- “What about graduation?” is a question we get a lot! Yes, we are having graduation and it will not be virtual. We don’t know what it is going to look like, and we are waiting and hoping that we will see less restrictive measures by June. We are, however, expecting it to be limited to immediate family and the graduate so keep this in mind. Either way, it will be special and memorable.
- We have created a distance learning portal for families. You can access it at Distance Learning Portal.
- We are in full swing of planning for next year. Please re-enroll if you haven’t done so and apply for financial aid. If you delayed filing taxes we will accept last year’s tax return for financial aid consideration. We are still accepting applications for preschool and summer camp.
- Please invite your friends to attend one of our virtual open houses and register at Attend a Virtual Open House at TCA.
Our mission at TCA is to partner with Christian parents to equip students through a classical education with the necessary skills to pursue excellence through Christ in every area of life. We continue to be committed to providing for your student an academic program that allows them to complete this school year, be prepared for next year, and ensure our seniors graduate ready for their freshman year of college. In addition, we are equally dedicated to integrating Christ and a biblical worldview into everything we are doing. Thank you for your commitment to partnering with us as we navigate these unique circumstances.
Romans 15:13 says, “May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” This is my daily prayer for you and your family.
In His Grip,
Tracey Pritchard, Ed.D.
Head of School